Sunday, November 23, 2008

How we met

Randy and I met at an institute dance July 12, 1996. I remember seeing him for the first time, it really WAS one of those "the crowd parted and there he was" moments. I remember him just glowing! I nudged my friend and told her that I wanted to dance with him and she told me to go for it. Well I am not one to be super shy and I have had great experiences with meeting guys at dances in the past, so I went over to ask him to dance. At that moment the DJ came on saying that the dance might be ending soon because of technical difficulties..Yay! they fixed it and I was off to find my man. I did find him but chickened out. We must have went around the same group of people because I got a second chance! So I asked him to dance. It was funny because Randy asked me if I wanted to go out and my answer was "steady?" Anyone who knows me knows that I say funny things sometimes, especially when I am nervous. Well we exchanged numbers and the next day I got a call........To be continued.......

2 comments:

Julia Callahan said...

What a great story! This is a nice blog! I'll send you an invite to mine....again. Happy upcoming Anniversary.

Fullercoaster said...

Wow Shannon- that video rocks! You have skills......