Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our First Date

I can't believe how fast two weeks go by!! My intent was to share a lot more.....but life happens.

So the day after the dance I got a call from Randy asking me out on a date. When I asked him what we would be doing his reply was watching a movie in his friends basement. I respectively said no and that was that until this weird feeling in my stomach. April was there that day so I told her that I felt like I had made a mistake. She told me to call him back. I told her that I had lost his phone number so she suggested that I use *69, so I did. I told him that I would go if I could bring a friend along.

So Sarah and I went out with Randy and Brent. We played Croquet in the front yard of his friend Chad. I remember that he had no winning, thus was born the competitiveness between us. To this day we continue to compete against everything!

We continued to see each other everyday and while at the fireworks at Weber State I knew we were going to be married someday. Well two weeks later Randy proposed to me and I laughed at him.....oh, were you serious? Funny that just before that he asked to be my boyfriend, wow what a leap!!! Something you may not know about Randy is that he is very persistent when it comes to something he really wants. So two days later I opened the door to my handsome man with perfect hair. He was all dressed up and holding what I thought was a real rose, but it was a ring box in the shape of a rose. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Well we all know that I said "Yes."

Twelve years later I still find my husband very attractive and still with all of his Sexy wavy hair. We have a lot of fun together. He helps me to laugh when I don't want to. Fills the silence when I can't speak. He loves me for who I am and is quick to forgive my mistakes. I love Randy and look forward to more happy memories.




1 comment:

raising4boys said...

Hope you had a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! The story was fun! I bet he folded the rose box himself right?